Orchestra Activities Approved to Continue
Utah County Health Department has approved our continuation of after-school music-making activities provided students continue to adhere to the social distancing and face covering guidelines that have been in place since the start of our season. Some additional precautions are effective immediately:
- Livestream Events – All concert events scheduled to take place during the state of emergency declared on November 8th, 2020 will be livestreamed to parents with no audience present.
- Video Shoot Postponed – The Philharmonic YouTube video shoot scheduled during the state of emergency has been postponed tentatively to Saturday, December 5th.
We are committed to returning to music-making safely and in-person. Music is one of the most powerful ways in which we share our humanity. In order to do that safely we are adopting the following safety guidelines:
- In-Person – So long as Utah’s Health Guidance System is in the Green, Yellow, or Orange phase, weekly in-person rehearsals will occur at their regularly scheduled times.
- Social Distancing – Room assignments are being adjusted to allow each ensemble to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Face Coverings – Per State Health Department requirements, employees, students, parents, and guests are required to wear face coverings in schools at all times (e.g., masks or shields). Face coverings will be required during rehearsal with appropriate exceptions for those playing wind and brass instruments or those who are not able to reasonably participate while wearing a face covering. Various other exceptions apply, including for medical reasons and for times when active eating/drinking is taking place. The school’s front office can provide you with more information about exemptions and an exemption form if needed.
- Large Gatherings – The concert calendar will be adjusted to reduce audience size. Rather than combining multiple ensembles to create a 60-90 minute concert, each individual ensemble will perform their own shorter concerts for a smaller audience. Additionally, concerts will be live streamed on YouTube.
- Hygiene & Cleanliness – Hand sanitizer and will be available in each classroom and throughout the building. American Heritage School adheres to the highest state standards for schools of cleaning and disinfecting.
- Attendance Accommodations – Students from households exhibiting symptoms or in quarantine are expected to stay home. Attendance accommodations will be made to allow all students who are able to participate in concerts to participate regardless of attendance issues related to health concerns.
- Red Phase Contingencies – If the state specifically restricts gathering in-person for more than two rehearsals in any month of participation, tuition will be pro-rated accordingly. Concert dates may be adjusted as necessary due to temporary stay at home orders. While at-home resources or projects may be a part of our offering this season, we do not anticipate making them a substitute for in-person rehearsal and performance.
Together we can continue to meet our mission to Inspire, Instruct, and Impact!